MEMBERSHIP BOARD MEETING MARCH 14TH, WED. 6:00 PM PHOENIX ROOM
REPORTS: FROM DIRECTOR'S, COORDINATOR'S, AND COMMITTEE CHAIR'S
INDUCTION OF NEW BOARD MEMBER'S
The next meeting, October 24, 7:00 p.m. Phoenix Room there will be discussion of some contentious issues:
1. Imposing a $10 late fee for those who don't pay their dues in a timely manor (I've been guilty of this myself in the past).
2. Formalizing a rule regarding non-resident members, sometimes referred to as Associate Members. Past practice has limited the number to 20 but it's open to discussion as we create this new rule.
3. Vote to approve the Bi-laws and Rules update proposed by Ken Stanley and his committee of past presidents.
4. We need some folks to step up to coordinate the Food Court for upcoming events. We budget $200 to $250 a day for food but somebody or group needs to buy the food and serve it. About 20% of the members do 80% of the volunteer work--it's your turn to get involved! Try volunteering to coordinate a one day event or one day of a multi-day event--we like to spread the work around.
5. The next meeting will be a busy one, I hope to see you there. Remember, we don't want to hear complaints, we want to hear your suggestions for solutions--there's a difference. I remember by father saying to me, "Don't complain about the food unless you want to become the cook".